early elementary parents, how many math lessons do your kids do per day on Time4L?
    peacerobin is offline Junior Member

Default early elementary parents, how many math lessons do your kids do per day on Time4L?

Hi,

We are past summertime users of Time4Learning and I just reactivated for my 1st grade daughter to do math. She just got a mediocre long-term sub in her class at school, so I decided to sign her up just so she won't fall behind. She is reading really well so I'm not as concerned about that. Anyway, can any of you early el parents give me an idea of how many math lessons you have your child do per day or any other insights that you've gained about your child's math learning? I started her at about 3 lessons per day and I only make her do the worksheets if she doesn't get 100 on her quizzes. I'm not sure if I'm pushing her too fast. Anyway, I would just love to read others' perspectives and experiences. Thanks

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Robin, most of my kids have also excelled in language/reading, but found math challenging. The best thing I ever did was to start sitting with them during their math lessons. That way, I could re-word something they found confusing, interject my own thoughts, or provide a little bit of hands-on practice throughout the day.

It varies, but we usually only do one or two math lessons a day. Like you, we only do the printables occasionally.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

peacerobin is offline Junior Member

Thanks Hearthstone (sorry I don't know your name?)

I think we'll slow it down a little also, the math curriculum moves really fast and I think my daughter needs to spend a little more time on each topic. But the lessons help me get an idea of what to work on. We've been making up silly little math games, such as a number treasure hunt, and then she finds all the numbers and sorts them into even and odd numbers, stuff like that, to help reinforce what she's learning. I'm enjoying this so far!