extra materials

Thread: extra materials

Mommydynee is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default extra materials

(I tried to send this via email but is came back undeliverable.)

I'm trying to project what we will need for the upcoming year. In the 8th grade LA materials the book Surviving the Applewhites, along with several others, will be used. Is this book (and others)online or do I need to make sure we can obtain a hardcopy before the class?

Can you recommend science equipment/project materials to help with the science? I think I read somewhere about a science kit that could be ordered but can't remember where I saw it.

Is there a way for parents to preview the classes without it counting as student time? I'm a working (away from home)/ homeschool teacher and have to utilize odd times to stay ahead of my student and make sure she is getting and doing what she needs. I try to review late at night what is coming in the days ahead but don't want to keep adding time to her record. I tried scanning through a couple of lessons just to see an approximate time amount for the lessons but then it came up as if she had done the work. Is there anyway to 'zero' out lessons to start over?

We are looking forward to using this curriculum as our core program for homeschooling this year. Thank you for making it available, as at this point, I am very pleased with what I have seen, and thank you for all your assistance. I will probably have many questions throughout the year.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

There is no need to purchase the book. The books appear on the computer screen in a format that my children enjoy very much. The type is easy on the eyes. Words that might be unfamiliar appear as links, and the student can click them to hear the pronunciation and view the definition. Your student can even have the program read the book aloud if he wishes.

At this point, parent previews do show up on the student's record. Time4Learning is aware of the need for a parent preview method and is working on a solution to this problem. If you do not let the lesson run through to the final screen, it will not be marked as "Completed".

As far as I know, supply kits are not available for the science program. Supplies needed are minimal, especially in the upper grades. I have put together supply lists for my own children for some of the grades. What grade science are you working with? I might have a list already made.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Mommydynee is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thanks, Kelly, the info was most helpful.

I'm using the 6th grade science but working with an 8th grader so I may need to add to it. This is another reason I'd like to preview the lessons.

This may be easier said than done, but under the parent login if there were a entry box (like on the student's launch pad) where the parent could list the lesson plan, maybe it could be previewed. that way. Then we could use the already provided outines and the time would be logged to parent rather than student. I do know there is more to it than that. I've worked some in programming and know it can be difficult but anyway I hope there will soon be a solution.

Thanks again for your help.