Failed everything
    aliciamoncur is offline Junior Member

Default Failed everything

So it seems that she probably wasn't doing the work. because today she took the quiz associated with the lesson in Social Studies and Science. The failed them all.
    Under reports the SS and Science failing grades are a link to the quiz your child took and you can print it. However, It does not provide me with an answer key. Do any of you know where there might be an answer key? I have looked in all of the usual places, and cannot locate one.
    Since she failed them all, should I have her take them again?
    Any advice???
    Alicia

Kess is offline Member

There are no answer keys to quizzes and tests. When a student needs to retake a quiz or test, there are different questions each time to ensure that the student understands the material and not just memorizes the questions from the first one.

Every now and then my daughter needed to retake a test, especially in social studies – she’s in 7th Grade. I must admit, some of the questions are really nit picky (IMO). I’ve actually sat through lessons with her, and took my own notes, and got some of the questions wrong because they ask very minor details that I didn’t think was significant enough to jot down. Anyway, if she fails I just have her take it again. But, like many in the board, I allow her to use her notes while taking her tests.

Kess

aliciamoncur is offline Junior Member

Ok - I see, thank you for your input.
    I really appreciate it!
    I am a little frustrated right now. My daughter is in 7th grade as well. Do you have your's do all the work sheets in science an social studies?

Kess is offline Member

Your welcome!
    Yes, at first I had her doing the worksheets, but it started to get a little overwhelming for her so we don't do them anymore. We basically just stick to the main lessons. Sometimes I will try to find a video about the topic we are doing and that seems to work better for her. She retains more of the info that way and finds it more interesting. That's what works best for my daughter, but everyone is different. That's the beauty of homeschooling!

Kess