Featured Art - Can I turn it off?
    YoMera is offline Junior Member

Default Featured Art - Can I turn it off?

I think there should be a way for a parent to "turn off" the featured art slideshow for the student. Here are two reasons:

1) It is distracting. This window is usually open and shows a changing picture. Yes, it can be paused, but not turned off. While it is fun for the artists it does nothing for my students.
    2) Unfiltered content. So far I have seen nothing objectionable (I assume someone from time4art is filtering), but it seems that there should be the option for me (as the parent) to decide the content presented to my child. Lips, eyes, and beautiful sketches of female hair styles... nothing "graphic" ... but always making me wonder what the next slide will display.

We have set up several dedicated PC's with very limited internet access just for schooling. Whether we turn the art on-or-off, it seems we should have the ability to do so.

Thanks for listening!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I'll pass along your suggestion. Time4Learning loves parent feedback and has implemented many improvements in response.

The featured art is uploaded one at a time by a Time4Learning staff member. Although there are many different comfort levels as far as what might be appropriate for minors, anything too worrisome will be declined.

One way to avoid the distraction is to view lessons full screen.

Time4Learning does listen, so thanks for sharing!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!