getting back into regular school
    tommleen is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default getting back into regular school

hi, am considering homeschooling my 8 yr old. we currently live in south africa but will most likely move to Dubai in a couple of years (maybe even earlier). we would like her to get back into regular school once we move there. does anyone have any idea if we follow t4l , will this be recognised in the american schools in the UAE?i have tried to email a couple of schools there but haven't got any response. don't want her to lose school years. this will be our first experience with home schooling and we like the sound of t4l and would like to use it as her core curriculum.
    so nervous about homeschooling but going through the forum and your messages have made me feel more confident!thankyou

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Until high school, I have never heard of a school being concerned about what curriculum you used to homeschool. These days, children are usually enrolled in a grade level according to their age. Home schooling is legal and recognized in all fifty states.

Once the student attains high school age, the schools are more concerned about what they will award high school credits for.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Merewyn-Anadori is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Your Child Back In School

Hi, I saw the message you posted in the parent forum.

Although I do not have any knowledge of schools abroad or in the UAE I wanted to offer you this response.

I have had 4 kids in elementary school here in America. If your daughter is 8 then she would probably fall into the 2nd or 3rd elementary grade in the public schools here.

I now have my last and youngest two daughters using Time 4 Learning as a core curriculum. They are doing very well and based on my previous experience I would not be at all worried about mainstreaming them into the corresponding grade level.

A very nice thing is that you and your child can decide on the mastery level. For example, I require that my daughters reach a mastery level of 90% to 100% on all quizes and tests. And you may well find that your daughter will work through the required material for a particular grade level faster than she would in public school as well. My daughters finish their lessons for the day in a couple of hours.

I think that as long as your daughter has solid reading skills and the patience to acquire the information/lessons on line you will be happy with this curriculum. I am. This curriculum covers the material needed here for standardized education (for example, a criteria that all students in grade three must have mastered to pass to grade four).

Good Luck.

tommleen is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default getting back into regular school

thank you for your responses, Kelly and Merewyn-Anadori.

Merewyn-Anadori, was really encouraged reading your review. I think this will suit my daughter perfectly...hope to start soon.