Getting a Subject To Close if Exited Incorrectly
    irishizmom is offline Junior Member

Default Getting a Subject To Close if Exited Incorrectly

Hi! We are just starting homeschooling and time4learning this year. my son (8th grade) is loving it (and so is mom!!).
    We noticed that several - especially math - assignments that are done were showing blue for scored instead of green for completed, etc. I checked and the rules noted that exiting should be done at the bottom left of the screen instead of using the top right "X" to get out when done. My DS does not think he has done that...
    How do we get this corrected? To show the assignments are completed. We checked and he did not leave any out.
    Also the report is showing one assignment in several LA Lessons not done? (eg R8003, R8004, R8005 show done, but the R8002 does not show) In the lesson he has done everything that comes up, so we do not understand what is happening.
    Thanks for all the help. I am feeling pretty "dumb" as we make our way through this wonderful new schooling system!!!!!
    Irishizmom
    Irishizmom
    Kim

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Getting a Subject To Close if Exited Incorrectly

It always takes a while to get used to any new curriculum, so don't feel "dumb".

Time4Learning provides lessons in several different formats, and each must be exited correctly in order to be marked as "complete". Here is some information about exiting lesson activities.

Unfortunately, if they aren't exited properly the first time, they have to be allowed to run through to completion in order to be marked as "complete". In the text-based lessons, you can just turn all the "pages" of the lesson and then exit correctly from the final page. You don't have to answer all of the questions. In the more animated lessons, there is no way to fast forward.

I promise this will all come naturally within a month or so!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Thanks so much Kelly. I was worried, as they state they are completed, but when I print the report some show blue lines and some green (different types of scoring?), so I thought that meant they weren't done. But they do say complete on the lessons, so I am assuming we are ok so far!!

LOLOL Yep, I think we will get the hang of it soon!
    Thanks again!

Irishizmom
    Irishizmom
    Kim

Yca
    Yca is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

i think one of the most important things to remember is that you have to remain stress-free about it. we're bound to make mistakes with anything new that we try. no worries!!

also, what took me a while to learn is that i really am in charge. t4l isn't going to send little policemen after me if we don't score something or complete other things.
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

The T4L police haven't arrived at your house yet, Jess? You've been VERY lucky!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Thanks for the encouragement!!! I had read that it was hard to dis-associate yourself (and for kids to do it to) from all those "rules" we had to live with in public schools. But it really doesn't hit home until you are actually doing the homeschool thing! You are thinking oh, I can't do that because, and then the light comes on and you think, well yes we can!!!
    WONDERFUL!
    I so appreciate the help and comments!

Irishizmom
    Irishizmom
    Kim

Yca
    Yca is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

kelly

irish: it really is hard to remember that YOU make the rules now. but think of the ABSOLUTE POWER!!! careful or it will go to your head!!!!
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!

for sure!!!!!! Have a great day everyone

Kim
    Irishizmom
    Irishizmom
    Kim