Go on to the next Level?
    HeyThereChelle is offline Junior Member

Default Go on to the next Level?

We began Time 4 Learning in the middle of dd's first grade year.
    I had planned for her to finish up all the Level 1 assignments over the summer,
    but we ended up being without a computer for most of the summer.

Now here we are in our second grade year.

The OCD part of me wants her to finish every last Level 1 assignment before moving to the next level.
    But she seems to know all the info, routinely scores 100%, and never asks me any questions.
    Today she did 10 LA Extensions, 9 Lang Arts, and 3 math assignments in less than 1.5 hours. I have no idea how much of that time she was working vs playing on the playground and on Webkinz. I was busy cleaning house.
    She has been reading independently since Kindergarten.

FWIW - she does T4L as a basic curriculum, then we do Singapore Math and a science curriculum during the little one's naptime. She also reads for at least 20 minutes a day and spends some time playing math facts games.

So - knowing all that, will she be missing anything vital if we go ahead and skip to the Level 2?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Go on to the next Level?

Since she routinely scores 100%, I understand your concern. The question is: Does she score 100% on her tests because she already knew the information, or does she score 100% because she was able to easily learn the information? If it's the former, I would certainly move her ahead. If she's just a fast learner who really "clicks" with the Time4Learning teaching method, I'd let her continue in Level One.

One way to determine which of the above applies is to have her take a few tests without doing the associated lessons first. Does she still score 100%? If so, she is ready to move on.

You do have the option of moving her back again if level two seems too advanced.

It sounds like you've laid out a nice program for her.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

HeyThereChelle is offline Junior Member

Thanks! I didn't realize you could take the tests without doing the other assignments first. We tried that today and she only missed one question - a question of no importance IMO. So then we bumped up to the next level and so far she's still scoring 100% and working quickly.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Great! I never like to see a student pushed too hard, but it's not good for them to be bored and not challenged, either.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!