Going from "completed" to "mastered"
    JenniferJ is offline Member Regular

Default Going from "completed" to "mastered"

Why aren't all of my daughter's assignments marked "mastered" instead of "completed"? She has finished the section and a few are still aren't marked "mastered".

Did we miss an assignment or score too low on something?

Thanks, Jennifer
    Mother to 4, teacher to 5
    3 kids using T4L: DD7, DS11 and the neighbor's grandson age 12

T4L helps me homeschool while dealing w/ ADD, ADHD, SPD, dyslexia,dysgraphia, low comprehension,LD

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

That can be confusing. Click here to read another thread on the subject. If that doesn't do it, I'll be happy to clarify anything that's left unclear.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

I am still confused.

So even though she has finished the whole section of whatever it is let's say "fractions" because I don't remember what it actually is.

Most are mastered and a few are left completed. Not on the report, but on the page you go to after the launch page. So are you saying that if it is only marked completed, there wasn't a quiz or whatever in that set of lessons?

T4L helps me homeschool while dealing w/ ADD, ADHD, SPD, dyslexia,dysgraphia, low comprehension,LD

chemcindy is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi Jennifer,

This has been confusing me too. We just completed a math chapter and he had 11 of the lessons were marked as mastered, but 5 only checked as completed. I went back through the test and there were 4 questions from each lesson. On the questions where he missed more than 1 for that lesson, the lesson didn't mark as mastered.

My question for Kelly is about the mastery level. He made a 70% on the chapter test. Is this considered "not mastered" since it is not >70%. I thought mastery was at 70% or greater. Maybe I misread something.

Cindy

If you click on the blue highlighted test score, it will take you to a new page and on that page it will tell you if it was mastered or not.

I can already tell ya that 70% is considered not mastered.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Look at the little icons and the icon key on your student's report. Some activities are marked Objective Based Test. Some are marked Chapter Test. Your student can receive the Mastered icon only on Objective Based Tests. These objectives were set up for schools. They are probably not very meaningful to us as parents.

On the reports, Mastered is considered 80% or above. This is the score that is more meaningful for parents. Most of us want our students to get above a certain percentage in just about every activity. Using the reports, it's easy to see if that is occurring or not.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Well, I still don't quite get it, but maybe I will as time goes on.

I figured out that in my daughter's case that we had inadvertently missed a test, so now more sections are marked "mastered" and only one is left as "completed". Tomorrow I am going to have her redo that lesson and the section test(again) to see if it will be marked as mastered.

So are you saying that some topics will not have objective based tests?

I have seen how some sections eventually become marked as Mastered when a section test is finished.