Got through our first week of homeschooling!!
    Melissa-N-IA is offline Junior Member

Default Got through our first week of homeschooling!!

I cant even tell you how nervous I was about homeschooling my 10 year old daughter (especially starting in January) but, we made it through the first week and it feels great! I absolutely love using T4L and she is actually excited to start every morning which really helps. I printed out her weekly report and just plan on using that if I need to show any progress. She is duel enrolled through the public school she was attending so she will take a basic skills test at the end of the year. I have been stressing about what people will think of us homeschooling because its not considered the "norm" but, after slowly working into this I have to say I feel much better and less concerned about what people think. I do have to admit I havent told everyone in my family and that may seem wrong to some but, they live 4 hours away and are not really involved in our daily lives so I just dont want to hear all the negative comments right now.

Melissa

mandiana is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Got through our first week of homeschooling!!

That's awesome. Congratulations!

SahmIam is offline Senior Member

It will get easier and easier to handle the opinions and feelings that crop up regarding homeschool. Have fun, you're doing great!
    Melissa.

Yca
    Yca is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

w00h00!!!! -happy dance-

and melissa is right, it does get easier. its very difficult at first, but depending on your personality (the gals on here will tell you that i have cornered the market on sarcasm) you either just learn to ignore it, or you find some awesomely creative answers to any - and EVERY - remark!
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!

Melissa-N-IA is offline Junior Member

Thanks for the encouragment! I really am trying to work on not worrying so much about what people think. I think as time goes by and I see how well my daughter is doing it will give me strength. She did so well today and its kinda funny because I am learning things right along with her at the age of 36! Never too late I guess.

Melissa