grades and Oddessy writer
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hearthstone_academy

Thread: grades and Oddessy writer

brpeek is offline Junior Member

Thumbs down grades and Oddessy writer

So if the program was made for public school and we have to grade them ourselves, then how do we implement those grades into our child's averages? That would indicate to me that I have to keep a separate grading system. That is not cool with me, if you offer the tool for students to use, then you should figure out how to add a grading systems to go with it.

Not happy,

brpeek
    Brandy

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Brandy. Grading isnt an exact science. Most teachers do not issue a grade for every assignment they give to their students. Grading methods will vary from teacher to teacher, and each one will have his or her own ideas about what items receive a grade, as well as the weight that grade will carry.

Even among the online Time4Learning activities, some activities are graded and others are designated as non-graded. Often, a student's work is intended to be for instruction or for practice, instead of for assessment.

The reports offer one way to assess a student's progress. If a parent or teacher prefers a different method, they can use information within the reports to issue a manually calculated grade. Some might want to keep a separate score for offline activities and include them in the final grade, and some will customize the online report to only include tests. Any of these are acceptable ways to get a snapshot of a student's progress.
    jenmomof5 likes this.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!