grading question
    KarenWindle is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default grading question

I am new to homeschooling, this is our first year. I was wondering what method or methods are used in order to keep track of grades? I've noticed that there are quiz grades as well as chapter test grades and I am not sure which ones to use to get an average every 6 weeks or so. I am trying to keep up with this in case we do put my daughter back into the school system since the reason we are homeschooling now is due to being zoned for a crappy school. I'm not sure what sort of grading record I will need to have in the event that we do that. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I just don't want to mess anything up for her!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

The program averages the grades for you. Just scroll to the very bottom on the Reports. All attempts at each kind of activity are averaged to obtain a final grade.

If you decide to return your daughter to the school system, there is no "one" kind of curriculum or grading method that is more likely to be accepted than another. If she has been home schooled, you pretty much end up negotiating with them, if you want to do anything other than place her in the grade that corresponds to her age. If you are simply interested in placing her in the grade that corresponds to her age, they will likely not be interested in any of your records (except perhaps something that shows she was homeschooled legally, according to your state's laws).

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!