Hand It In?

Thread: Hand It In?

fs72 is offline Junior Member

Question Hand It In?

We are doing 3rd grade Language Arts and on the essay stars it has us "Hand It In". I cant find anywhere where it tells where this is being "handed in" to? I just want my son to do the essay part and print it out. But I don't seem to be able to figure out how to get the star to show complete with out clicking the "hand it in" option. Am I missing a whole "how this essay part" works help section. Is there some place that explains all the parts of that screen?

Thanks in advance.

Felicia =0)

t4lsuzanne is offline Administrator

Hi Felicia,
    Was the lesson something you were doing in the Odyssey Writer? That is a built in word processing program in Time4Learning. Once your child finishes the writing assignment you will want to save it and "hand it in." The hand it in really just means that it is being marked as complete. When you login to your child's progress report, you will see the lesson there with a hyperlinked N/A where the grade should be. You can click on this N/A and it will open up your child's lesson for you to grade. There will be a rubric with instructions how to grade the lesson. Check out the hints for more information.

Hope this helps!

Suzanne

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Odyssey Writer is a word processing program that is integrated within the curriculum.

Time4Learning uses curriculum developed by CompassLearning, who only provides it to schools. Time4Learning has acquired a license that allows them to offer it to individuals.

Because Odyssey Writer was designed to be used in a classroom, the grading function within Odyssey Writer will not work for individuals.

When a student has a writing assignment, Odyssey Writer will automatically pop up. The student may complete the assignment in several sittings, if necessary, as long as they remember to save their work. When the student is finished with the assignment, they should click the "Hand In" button and select a "teacher". This does NOT actually hand the assignment in to a teacher. It simply marks the assignment as completed, so it will show up on the student's reports.

When an Odyssey Writer assignment appears on a student's reports, the parent should click on it and either view it online or print it to grade manually.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

fs72 is offline Junior Member

Ok so it isn't really handed in to anywhere. It just shows that he is done ( or complete ). Got it. Thanks so much! =0)