Hello from Maryland!
    melinda is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Hello from Maryland!

Just wanted to introduce myself. I found this site and signed up today. Jared and Hannah are both excited to get to use this site after we finish our bookwork and hands-on activities for the day.

My name is Melinda and I am a SAHM to 3 kids. Jared will be 5 in June, Hannah will be 4 in August, and Nathan will be 1 at the end of March. We started HSing because my Jared is far advanced and at 3 years old, was not eligible to be part of any program that would challenge him. We will continue with Jared and Hannah this coming year (K4 and K5) but we are not sure when (or if) we will send them to be educated in a classroom setting.

We did try pre-school for both kids this year, but I didn't agree with the teaching methods employed there. The children were drilled most of the time they were there, and I would much rather have them playing to learn at this point in their lives.

At this point, we are using Saxon Math, Explode the Code, and Handwriting Without Tears. We are just starting Story of the World, and, while they are loving every minute of it, I am worried that we are starting it too early for them to really understand what is going on in the stories (I think they are just really enjoying all the hands-on activities...haha).

So, my house is a disaster at this point and there are always dishes and laundry to be done, but my kids are happy and challenged now. Bottom line is, I would rather have my hands full than empty. Happy homeschooling, and I hope to get to know all of you better as we continue our journeys together.

--Melinda (and crew)

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Melinda. Welcome to you and your children!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!