Hello from a newbie...
    Shortcake72 is offline Junior Member

Default Hello from a newbie...

Hello! My name is Renee. I have been educating our 3 children (DS 17 years old, DD#1 13 years old and DD#2 8 years old) for the last two years.
    DD#2 has had some struggles. We have tried various curriculums and find that she loves being on the computer. We thought we'd try T4L and see how it goes. She LOVES it so far!
    DH and I have been married almost 15 years. We are active in our church and are on a weight loss journey. Since October my DH has lost 85 pounds and I have lost 30 pounds. We are loving it....our kids hate it! Lol! No more Mickey D's!
    We live in Illinois where I am a stay at home mom and my DH is a welder for John Deere. We grew up on the Indiana/Michigan border and moved here 7 years ago.

I look forward to getting to know you and learning more about this program!

Blessings,
    Shortcake72

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Renee. Welcome! Thanks for taking time to introduce your family. How neat that you and your husband are losing weight together . . . and what a good example for your children! It's funny that you mentioned McD's. I lost 68 pounds last year (still losing more in 2010) and practically lived on chicken salads from McD! LOL!

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Strouse House is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

WELCOME!!!!

What an inspiration you are!!!! Can't wait to hear more about your journey in weight loss.

Glad that time4learning is working for your daughter!!!!

B.
    Brandy - Christian (86), Wife (93), and Mother (boy 99, girl 07,boy 08). Homeschooling since 2003. Come check out our adventures in life and Time4Learning.com at Five in Training For Him.

Yca
    Yca is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

welcome, renee!! glad you are with us, and glad that your daughter is loving the program! congrats on the weight loss - keep up the good work!!
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!

kowgirl510@yahoo.com is offline Junior Member

Hi Renee! I am a newbie too. Today was day 2, and we are LOVING it so far! We are from IL too! McHenry County. Where are you?
    Dee

Shortcake72 is offline Junior Member

First of all Dee...we are in Moline.

Now Tralalalalala.....I am singing the praises of T4L!!!! We are nearly finished with our fist week and my daughter has shown so much improvement! Seriously, I CAN home school! DD is loving the program and her self esteem has had such a boost. We have had a hard time learning phonics and because of this her reading progress has been struggling to say the least. This program is working for her and we are thrilled! My husband is happy, I am happy, my DD is happy....I wish we had found T4L at the very beginning of our home school journey.
    Okay...I'm finished. You may carry on with your day now.