hello from a VERY happy new mom/user
    mom2ahrj is offline Member

Default hello from a VERY happy new mom/user

i signed my two daughters up sunday night and we started with t4l on monday - before that they were using a local virtual school that was no longer working for them - i decided to give t4l a shot and they LOVE it! they were laughing and smiling during their lessons, they redid lessons at times (on their own) to make sure they were understanding concepts, they took notes on their own and they were retaking quizzes happily in order to get better scores!!! and the icing on the cake? hearing for the past two days, "we can't wait to do our lessons tomorrow!!!"

btw, my girls are in 3rd and 6th grades - i also have a son who will be 3 in december that i have using the pre-k lessons - we are all loving it and getting so much out of it! yay!!! i just had to share our joy and excitement!!! please tell me they will stay this happy with the program!

we are in the rock hill/fort mill, south carolina area - anyone else close by?

jenn

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: hello from a VERY happy new mom/user

Hi, Jenn. I'm so glad you shared your enthusiasm!

Everyone probably gets tired of reading this, but I've found that my kids' excitement remains high if I "ration" their Time4Learning lessons. I don't just let them blast ahead as quickly as they'd like. Not only does that help maintain the initial excitement, but they also tend to retain what they're learning better when it's presented in small chunks.

Happy to have you here, and looking forward to reading more from you!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Yca
    Yca is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

welcome to the family, jenn!! grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair and enjoy our silliness. so glad your daughters are excited about their work!!
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!

mom2ahrj is offline Member

well, today was day #4 and the kids have still been excited! and, yes, i do limit their lessons - i am a HUGE planner - i use a homeschool planning software that lets me enter the number of lessons in a subject and then it will schedule it evenly across the school days - i have one daughter who is a slow reader that is starting on 2nd grade language arts even though she's in 3rd grade - i have her LA lessons scheduled so that she can finish up the LA2 lessons by mid-year and then finish up LA3 by the summer - my other daughter is in 6th but doing 5th grade math the first half of the year and 6th grade math by the end of the year - i also supplement with art, health, p.e., and handwriting lessons - with all that it easily meets our 4.5 hrs/day requirement!

believe it or not, t4l takes LESS work on my part than the virtual school was taking but the kids are learning MORE!!!

did i say i LOVE time4learning? lol!

cindy4hope is offline Senior Member

I also have a 3rd grader who struggles with reading a little. I'm really concentrating on her reading, because if she isn't a good reader it will effect every subject. We are doing the third grade Lang arts and Lang ext, she struggles a little with the reading but she has come so far since we started using time4learning last Feb. I don't stess out to much on the science and social studies I just try to add a few each week. She also takes a co-op art class this year and next year she will take art and science through co-op.

I'm sure you are going to find lots of support here, as I have. If you have any good ideas on teaching reading let me know. We read and read and read everyday, as long as the material holds her interest she likes to read. My plan is to get her to read independently right now the only independent reading she does is when I'm driving her to art class.

Many Blessings,

Cindy