Help with changing educational level!
    McEwanClan is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Help with changing educational level!

I'm trying to change educational levels between level 6 and 7. I've signed with my child's login on as suggested in the Hints section, but it only goes to level 6. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Anne
    McEwan Clan

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

What subject are you looking at? What options are up there? Levels 4, 5, and 6? Or something else?

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

McEwanClan is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi Kelly,

I was specifically working on Social Studies last night. The levels that were listed were 4,5,6.

Appreciate any help you can offer!

Anne

Blog Entries

Anne,

The student is given access to one level ABOVE and one level BELOW his or her registered level. To change more than that, you need to email Support. Look at the bottom of this page for a link to email them.

If you just want to preview a few lessons from other levels, you can choose some Lesson Activity Numbers from the lesson plans. Input the numbers as explained here.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy
    Anne,

If you just want to preview a few lessons from other levels, you can choose some Lesson Activity Numbers from the lesson plans. Input the numbers as explained here.
    That is SO cool! I had NO idea you could do that! I love it;-)
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Supermom05 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Education Level

Does this mean that if my son is signed up as grade 3 and only levels 2 & 3 show up I can still have him do lessons from level one? How many LA codes can I use this way? I'm only wanting to catch a few science & social studies topics he hasn't done before. Is there a simpler way to do this? Thanks!

Blog Entries

Take a look at the lesson plans for first grade. You'll see the topics covered in each subject, along with each topic's LA number. You may input as many as you want.

You can't access the tests and quizzes that way. If you want access to the first grade tests and quizzes, you'll need to log in as a parent and click on "Change My Child's Educational Level". Request to change just science and social studies to Level One. After your child has completed the first grade social studies and science that you want him to do, request a level change again (back to Level Three).

Just as a side note, I had my third grader do all of the first and second grade science and social studies when we first started. There are some concepts in there that I didn't want her to miss, and the lessons are FUN!

Supermom05 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thanks! I started to go ahead and change his level then realized that both the boys tend to watch each others lessons so I think I'm just going to let the older one watch the younger's science lesson and not worry about tests for him. We haven't even gotten to social studies yet so I'll just wait and see if it's something they'd benefit from better separately or not.

It seems like it's taking forever to get this going as a routine.

Blog Entries

There are several decisions to make at first, but that's actually a GOOD thing. Time4Learning isn't a cookie-cutter curriculum. Once you have it tailored to your students' needs, it will fall into a routine.

There is a lot of incidental learning that takes place when siblings are exposed to each other's lessons. I enjoy seeing that with my own children, too.