help finding preschool worksheets
    bmwmom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default help finding preschool worksheets

Can some one help me find the worksheets? I know someone has problem already posted this but I can not find it.

I am a new hs mom of a 4 and 5 year old. Also other than the games do I need to add anything for the girls to get all the requirments?

I could really use some direction on this.

Thank you
    Melany

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: help finding preschool worksheets

Time4Learning's preschool does not include worksheets. These types of activities are readily available online for free. Try this site for some very nice free worksheets . . . or, just search for "free preschool worksheets".

Preschoolers need a lot of hands-on activities, so the online lessons will only be part of their school. We are starting to share ideas for activities to go along with each theme in the Resources section of this forum.

I'm using one theme a week, and letting my son do the activities in that theme area as many times as he wants. Although the activities will be checked off the first time they are completed, repetition is important at this age. Do them over and over. Your child will probably memorize the fun songs! Then, look for opportunities to reinforce what your girls are learning. If you're on the "fruit" theme, stop by the produce department the next time you go shopping and let them identify as many new fruits as they can. Buy a few new ones, take them, home, and try them. Another time, have a blindfolded "taste test" with familiar fruits. (Blindfold your girls and give them small bites of fruit. See if they can identify the fruit.)

It's really fun to think of ways to extend the themes. Your girls will remember these kinds of activities when they're grown. (My kids range in age from age 4 1/2 to age 25, so I've seen the kinds of things they remember. )

No preschool curriculum will be everything your daughters need. It's important to extend their learning with everyday activities. You also might want to print their names the way you want them written and post it somewhere so they can copy it. Have them sign letters to Grandma or write their names on their belongings to practice printing.

Have fun with this!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Yca
    Yca is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

that is awesome advice kelly!! thanks for the link, i always need more resources for lillyb

melany, welcome to the group and let us know if you need anything
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!

SahmIam is offline Senior Member

Two little eyes, to look around; two little ears, to hear each sound.

I like the repitition idea. For printables that are more the coloring style, I like enchantedlearning.com
    Melissa.

capewell5 is offline Junior Member Newbie

i have found the following sites very helpful for printables and craft ideas. Most are made with younger kids in mind.

http://www.first-school.ws/INDEX.HTM
    http://www.kidzone.ws/

i also found this site very helpful when i first decided i was going to homeschool:

http://www.besthomeschooling.org/index.html

It has a ton of articles and this one
    http://www.besthomeschooling.org/art..._ps_kdgtn.html helped me really understand what i should be doing.

Hope this helps a bit.

-Heather

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Here's more on using Time4Learning's preschool.

Another good free site for supplementary printables is http://www.dlkt-kids. Look at their letter buddies and number buddies. You print out the letter or number and accessories to cut out and glue on to dress it with. My younger kids love to dress the letter Q as a Queen and the letter D as a dinosaur, or glue FOUR apples on a tree shaped like the number four.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!