HELP! I need ideals other then Odyssey Writer Assignments?
    wbutler2015 is offline Junior Member

Question HELP! I need ideals other then Odyssey Writer Assignments?

What other ideals can replace the Odyssey Writer Assignments? I don't want to skip anything and lose any important information, but my kids just wont do them.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

What don't they like about them? Sometimes, if a worksheet or writing assignment is just intended to demonstrate the student knows the material, I have let my kids report orally to me. This is because it doesn't seem right for a student's writing problems to affect their social studies or science grade.

They do need to learn to write, though. If these are language arts assignments, I would find out why they are reluctant to do them. Maybe writing on real paper with a pencil would be more appealing, or you could get one of those hardback bound books from Staples for them to write in. If you log in as a parent and click on Visit Storefront, you can order an Ed Mouse notebook for something like three dollars. My daughter enjoyed that. Or, you could have them use a regular word processing program on the computer instead of Odyssey Writer.

We have also signed up for Time4Writing and skipped most of our Time4Learning writing assignments during the eight weeks we're doing Time4Writing.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

monnalu is offline Member

My granddaughter HATES Odessey Writer and has complained everytime it comes up. I set up a One Note folder for her and copy the assignment into that and she has no problem completing the assignment. She could never tell me why she does not like Writer, but I decided it wasn't worth the battle. I want to develop a love of learning, not hate it and think of it as a chore.

wbutler2015 is offline Junior Member

Thank you! I will be trying both ways.