Help me not be frustrated!
    TaderDoodles is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Help me not be frustrated!

First let me start by saying that I LOVE time4learning! I'm really trying to make it work for us and as far as my kids are concerned they love it.

Momma is the one struggling. Even though we started time4learning mid year I am having my girls start from the beginning and work through everything. I printed off the lesson plans and made little planner pages for them. Each week, I fill out the five pages with the activity number on it for them. I also print out the worksheets.

When we went to start working I noticed that even though I assigned items in the order they were listed on the plans they were not listed in that order on my daughter's screen. She missed an entire activity. Then I realized they could print their own worksheets and got excited only to find sometimes it was the same worksheet I printed and sometimes it's a different one. I'm kind of hoping I just saw things wrong there.

Also, is there any way to know what activity number you are in if you click on the icons to enter the activity? My girls sometimes get excited and start doing something and I can't tell what number it is so I can check it off.

I mean, I get the job done... I just have to do a lot of looking up and flipping through pages I've printed and stuff like that. Wondering if there is an easier way to work this so it's not so confusing for me.

Also, is there any way to tell which activities/quizzes are "read" aloud for my non reader? I'm trying to figure out, in advance, what items she will need more assistance with.

Thanks for listening to my newbie whining.... I really really want this to work for us, but I end up so frustrated everyday.

Lisa

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I'm always telling people that they aren't LETTING Time4Learning be as simple as it is.

I pre-plan approximately how many lesson activities I want my student to do each day in each subject. Then, I have them log in, choose a subject, and follow the arrow to do that many lesson activities. I also tell them to take any quizzes or tests immediately upon finishing the associated screen of lesson activities, because they don't forget to do them that way. That is the easiest way to do it, if you are doing the program sequentially. It eliminates almost all of the pre-planning, as well as additional paper to keep track of.

I do look ahead to see if supplies will be needed.

To identify a lesson activity while within the activity, use the title, which is usually printed at the top of the window.

There isn't a way to tell which lessons require reading, except to preview the lesson. If you don't know how to do a parent preview without having it appear on your student's report, please let me know.

As far as I know, the lesson plans correspond to the order in which the activities are offered, and the worksheets should be the same, too. If you think there's an error, please provide the activity's grade level and lesson activity number or title, so we can check it out.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!