Help with Odyssey Writer
    rvmom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Help with Odyssey Writer

Hi-
    We're new to homeschooling this year, and really like the format here. I am trying to show my 3rd grader the writing portion, but first I have to understand it myself. Are there suggested writing activities that I'm missing? The Odyssey Writer confuses me a bit. Thanks for any input!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, rvmom! Welcome to homeschooling, Time4Learning, and this forum!

If there's a writing assignment within the language arts curriculum, Odyssey Writer will automatically pop up for the student to use. Then, when you access her Reports, the assignment will appear as a link that you can click on to read what she has written.

You can always open Odyssey Writer and just read it on your own, too. If you want to give writing assignments yourself, you can use Odyssey Writer as a word processor. If writing assignments are given in other subjects, your student can use Odyssey Writer to do them if you wish.

More about Odyssey Writer

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

rvmom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thanks for the info - Obviously we haven't went far enough into Language Arts to find that yet! We'll be working on that today. Thanks again!

Jami is offline Junior Member

Silly question...should I be looking for a specific assignment somewhere or do I choose an assignment for my child? Thanks, Jami

alanajo is offline Junior Member Newbie

I cant figure out how to grade my sons assignments on Odyssey. When he clicks turn in it has a list of names of people we don't know as teachers. What is he suppose to do?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

The grading function in Odyssey Writer was designed for classroom use, so Odyssey Writer assignments need to be graded manually by the parent. The student needs to click the "Hand In" button when he is finished. Then, choose a fictitious teacher to hand the assignment in to. This doesn't really send it to a teacher. It simply marks the assignment as completed, and causes it to appear in the student's Reports as a link. When you see an Odyssey Writer assignment on your student's Reports, you can click the link and print it to grade, or just view it on screen. Odyssey Writer assignment grades are not included in the grade average provided in the Reports.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!