Hi everybody!!

Thread: Hi everybody!!

Anna is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Hi everybody!!

Hi everybody! My name is Anna. I'm from Texas but now live in Louisiana. This is the second year homeschooling my 12 year old. We homeschooled for 6th grade last year. It is a hard job indeed. Last year I was in school myself and working with him. We used the books from public school for H/S. Oh my goodness we were both unhappy and not enjoying school. This year for 7th grade , I decided not to use public schools books and just freestyle this year and mix it up Today was our first day and I'm glad to be here with y'all!! Any tips on navigating thru time4learning? I think I'm confused about how much to do with him. I figured out the number of activities per each subject but what's a full activity? LOL oh my goodness did I confuse anyone??? Again thankyou for allowing me here!
    Sincerely,
    Anna

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hi everybody!!

Hi, Anna. Welcome! You do sound like a busy mom!

Here's a great thread that might help you understand what a lesson activity is.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Amaradevinmom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi Anna I am in Louisiana also and new to Time4Learning. This is my first year homeschooling and I am also a full time student.

Anna is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi Kelly and Amaradevinmom! Thankyou for the welcome It's nice to meet y'all!! Thankyou Kelly for the guidance, I'll check the lesson activity so I can better understand Awesome Amaradevinmom that you in Louisiana also! Are you excited to be homeschooling? I'm more excited this year than last year. I have 3 children, the youngest 2 are in public school and my oldest one is middle school but unfortunately the school he was zoned in had alot of problems and private school is too expensive. I decided to homeschool him for 6th grade (last year) but we were both unhappy using public school books (very boring in my opinion). It was a trying year, since I was new to homeschooling, feeling overwhelmed, working with my son, then working with the 2 youngest children, then going to school full time at night---well I was at my wits end! LOL but we made it! Actually this year I had planned to send him to school because the school he's zoned at was taken over by the state and made into a charter school but that didn't work. There's too much bullying at the charter school. Several negative incidents happened to my son at school and the straw that broke the camel's back was that nothing was resolved---the bullying continued. He's in 7th grade but I will be going back and forth between 7th and 6th because last year we didn't finish everything. I hope we continue to communicate and become friends Good luck in homeschooling!!!