Hi - New to the site
    jasncab is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Hi - New to the site

Hi my name is Jason and I am a father of three. Two of my daughters will be using the site. You can read about them if you like:
    http://www.kristinhuber.com
    http://www.kennedyhuber.com (Kennedy has passed, this should be considered Mature reading)
    http://www.kaylinhuber.com

Anyway Kristin has started using T4L as a supplement to her school work. She loves the site. We really started after she got involved with WebKinz.com and I wanted the online portion of her time to be spent more constructively. She uses the other site now as her free time. She used to have more time outside etc, but with an infant in the house we havent been doing as much this last year.

I have a question for you all. After reading posts for a bit now I noticed some acronyms (I assume) being used: DD, DL, DS10 - I think I have them right. I have no idea what these mean - could you let me know?

So far she is loving the site and so are we! It is a fantastic learning tool and very concentrated. I read a post here where someone explain that a lot of the time spent in Public Schools is for hearding the kids - and you are right! Kristin doesnt need hearding at school and we are told that she just watches from the side and "does the right thing" when other kids are messing around. This has caused her teacher to put the worst near Kristin so she can straigthen them out. So far we dont have a problem with this, but we dont need to worry about it here!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Jason. I'm so sorry to learn that you've lost a child. Your blog is a touching memorial. How nice to have such a devoted father join us in this forum.

On an Internet forum, people often refer to family members as DS (Dear Son), DD (Dear Daughter), DH (Dear Husband), and so forth. If you have several children you might refer to your ten-year-old son as DD10 or your 4-year-old daughter as DD4.

Welcome to the forum!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

jasncab is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thanks for the quick reply. I belong to many forums and havent ever heard of this before, but although one is strictly dedicated to parents of children, most forums I visit wouldnt bother with "dear".

I have noticed many Christianity related posts, so this fits! I like it.

I think all of my questions are now answered...

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Well, sometimes the "D" can mean "darn" (or worse), depending on the poster's mood. I haven't seen any of that on this board, so I didn't feel the need to point it out initially.

Some people also say it means "Darling".

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

NewLifeAcademy is offline Member Regular

Hi Jason, Thank you for sharing all your blessings. I've been blessed by the loving memorial of Kennedy.

Glad you found us here and hope you enjoy getting started with T4L.