Hi there! *Another newbie!*
    Mommy_Needs_A_Nap is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Hi there! *Another newbie!*

Hi everyone! I'm Shannon and I'm from Harrisonville, Missouri. I'm a new homeschool with twin 6 year old daughters, Alexis and Mackenzy. I pulled them out of PS a week before Christmas break and after a lot of research T4L seems like a perfect program for my kids.

I just signed them up today and gave them a run at the program! I've read the "questions about T4L" but am not having any luck in finding a solution to my problem?

-I'd like to view the lessons before my daughters take them...and I can't seem to find a way to do so?

-I'd also like to figure out why, after a literature lesson, there was not a test offered like there was in the Science as well as math portion? Am I losing my mind?

Anyhow, nice to meet you all and I look forward to the board and all of the discussions!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Shannon. Yes, you are losing your mind!

Just kidding . . . couldn't resist! Welcome to the board. Another mom of twins. How cool!

To view the lessons, you have to log in as your student. DON'T mark lessons "Complete" as explained here. Your preview will still show up on your child's report, but it won't appear as a completed assignment. This is less than an ideal situation, and other possibilities for parent preview are being explored. Many parents print a daily report for their child in the evening, and then do the previewing. That way, the preview doesn't show up on the printed report.

The tests and quizzes for language arts are incorporated into the lessons. You will see that some of the lesson activity icons in language arts are labeled "quiz" or "test". They are more animated and engaging than the quizzes and tests in the other subjects.

I love your user name, by the way!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!