Hi, we're new.

Thread: Hi, we're new.

nanaringo is offline Member

Default Hi, we're new.

Hello, everyone. My 6th grader and I are new here, but already like it well enough that I withdrew her from public school this morning. I have learned so much from reading the forums and want to let you know how grateful I am for all this information.
    Jennifer is already 2 years behind (13 yrs old and in 6th grade) because she is ADHD and she was lost in all the distractions of public school. Teachers and staff were sympathetic, but just didn't have the time to devote to her. She has responded well to the few T4L classes she has taken, so keep your collective fingers crossed for us.
    Nanaringo

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

WOW! What a GREAT testimony! I have a child w/ ADD and I know he would have never made it in a classroom. Like you said, they would have loved him, but they cannot take all their time to focus on one student. However, I love this student in a way they can't. (of coarse) So I CAN take that extra time and I HAVE for the past ten years. I wouldn't trade our memories for anything in the whole world!

I look forward to walking this T4L'ing journey with you and can't wait to see you share your excitement
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Welcome! It sounds like Time4Learning is a great "fit" for Jennifer.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

ccpeterson is offline Member

This is the same reason I took my son out of public school. He was being left behind, as the teacher couldn't slow things down for him, yet at the time he didn't qualify for any special services. It was very frustrating!
    ~Charity~
    Homeschoolin' Mama to 2
    Son, 14
    Daughter, 11

JenniferJ is offline Member Regular

I am homeschooling my next door neighbor's grandson this year because he is about 2 years or more behind, but doesn't have any learning disabilities(according to the tests), so there is nothing the school can/will do for him.

I tried just teaching him alongside my children, because my kids have some special needs, but unfortunately, it was not his learning style at all. My second son is dyslexic and loves for me to read aloud. All my kids love answering verbal questions. This poor kid would just freeze up when I asked questions. This is his first week in t4l and he likes it much better than listening to me read all day!

For me, t4l explains things to the student SO WELL. And when they get it wrong, it explains WHY.Now all of my kids are getting a wonderful education each on their own level.

And I love sitting there and observing. I am still needed!! I love that.

I look forward to getting to know you all better, Jennifer
    Mother to 4, teacher to 5
    3 kids using T4L: DD7, DS11 and the neighbor's grandson age 12

T4L helps me homeschool while dealing w/ ADD, ADHD, SPD, dyslexia,dysgraphia, low comprehension,LD