Highly considering quitting t4l
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Heavenly is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Highly considering quitting t4l

I am so frustrated right now! I just joined under two weeks ago and my kids love it as do I. But we are having way too many technical errors to make it worth it. When we first tried to sign in it gave us this info: Oops! We’ve encountered a configuration problem.

We wish that all web-based programs worked on all computers instantly but today, some computers have settings that require some configuration.

Our program requires that we know where our users are logging in from.
    Certain applications such as Norton have settings which prevent this information from going through.

The good news is that we can help guide through adjusting your settings.

So my husband fixed that and it worked fine for a little bit but now it is giving us the same message again. My husband is in computer science and has tried everything but it won't work. I contacted time4learning and they keep giving me the same stupid info that you get about changing settings and all that which we already did. On top of that even when we were playing there was never a timer (my kids are in k/1/2 levels) and it never allowed us access to the playground. I am very sad about not being able to use this but I am paying to NOT be able to educate my children because it will not let us login.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

That does sound really frustrating. I'm so sorry you are having difficulty. It is very common for users to have problems setting up any program initially. Unfortunately, that's the nature of computer media.

Many people are successfully using Time4Learning on a daily basis. Let's work together to make you one of them!

First of all . . . Are you using a Mac or PC? Which browser? Which version of Windows (if PC)?

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Oh Heavenly,

I am so sorry. I can hear the frustration in your voice and I know that nothing can bring me to tears faster than "Technical difficulties". I want to encourage you to hang in there and work through this.

In ten years of homeschooling I have NEVER found a program that my children love as much as time4learning! Hang in there friend!
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

LadybugAngel is offline Junior Member Newbie

I can hear the frustration in your voice.

Aame as you I signed up a few weeks ago and my kids love it.

I would say try to sail thru the difficulties and your kids will see it as how to stick with it and concquer the problem!

Good luck! Hang in there!

Heavenly is offline Junior Member Newbie

It is a PC, my husband tried to fix it last night and no luck. The only way I can get it to work is to completely disable Norton security and my husband doesn't really like me to do that. He fixed it the way they said but it still won't run unless I disable Norton.
    Also about the playground, when I disabled it the playground ran but 80% of the games wouldn't even load - what is up with that?

I agree about the program - my kids love it - I just hate spending money on it when I can't get it to work.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Are you running Internet Explorer?

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Carylin is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Encouragement

I know how hard it is... been there , done that, with ANOTHER home school program online that we did 2 yrs. ago. (partly because we had a Mac.) We struggled with the e-books and online testing because of all the technical glitches and it cost over $600 a year per child. It was a good program but Time 4 Learning way- WAY outshines that one and ANYTHING ELSE we have used over the years. My 6th and 8th graders We absolutely loved it and I found the resources, teaching guides and record keeping to be well worth it esp. for the price.
    I am an experienced homeschooling mom of 5. My oldest is a doctor now, w/ 2 more in college --all doing well and home educated all the way.
    Please follow what the T4L people suggest - and give it a chance
    My suggestion for you would be to figure out how to disable Norton (if that is the problem or any pop-up blockers) just during the time you use T4L and then turn it back on after if that will make your husband happy. Also try using another computer! We regularly took my kids to the local library and logged in there when we had to (for the other program-which we did not continue because we found this to be so much better!)
    Carylin

lauramacf is offline Junior Member Newbie

I second the suggestion about using the library as a computer access point. Last year we did this several times a week because my children were finding it impossible to settle down and work at home. I needed to get them out of the house, so we'd go to the library and they'd sign on to t4L from there. Worked well for us. I really hope you get the problems worked out.

Aubry is offline Junior Member Newbie

I had trouble when I first started also. I usually use AOL or Netscape browser neither of which worked for this program. I found Firefox, is the best one for us to use. But if my 3rd grader wants to use Peedy, then we have to switch too Internet Explorer. I can run my security system. But we have to disable the pop-up blocker each time we sign on. So I taught the kids how to do it. Hope you get it worked out. This is the best program I've ever found!

ccpeterson is offline Member

It's silly for me to even mention as I'm SURE you have tried this, but just in case....I assume when you log in, you are clicking the box under the log in, to run in the 'trouble shooting mode'? This is the way we have to do it.
    ~Charity~
    Homeschoolin' Mama to 2
    Son, 14
    Daughter, 11

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast