Highschool?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Highschool?

journey00 is offline Member

Default Highschool?

Since T4L ends at 8th grade , I would love to know what others are planning to do for highschool...anybody know of a similar total online program?

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Check out High School Homeschool on Face book.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

Robin is offline Senior Member

We are using elearningk12.com. It's a little more expensive at $50/month. And the set up really takes some getting used to, but it uses Compass Learning.

littletfarms is offline Member

Robin, what is so different about the set up that's difficult?
    Denise in MS
    Homeschooling 4 blessings for 14 years.
    DD93, DS95, DS98, DD00

I just found this for high school: High School Graduation Requirements
    It is also set up using Learning Odyssey. But, works out to be about $28 a month which is cheaper than elearningk12. The catch is you have to pay for the year upfront.
    Denise in MS
    DD93, DS95, DS98, DD00

Mandy in TN is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    We are using elearningk12.com. It's a little more expensive at $50/month. And the set up really takes some getting used to, but it uses Compass Learning.
    Quote Originally Posted by littletfarms View Post
    I just found this for high school: High School Graduation Requirements
    It is also set up using Learning Odyssey. But, works out to be about $28 a month which is cheaper than elearningk12. The catch is you have to pay for the year upfront.
    Thanks for the info!
    Mandy
    ds Doodlebug 11yo
    currently homeschooling with an eclectic mess of stuff

homeschool graduates:
    ds Cashew 20yo
    ds Peanut 22yo

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

This is a little early, but thought I'd share anyway. It's a free kindle e-book on 40 alternatives to college. I have not read this e-book, so I can't vouch for it one way or the other. I did read the reviews and a few mention poor spelling or grammar issues, but say the ideas are good.

40 Alternatives to College (Free Kindle eBook) | Free Homeschool Deals ©

Last edited by jpenn; 06-14-2012 at 12:38 PM.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

Robin is offline Senior Member

You know what's odd, I contacted Compass Learning and they told me the only companies authorized to use their services was Time4Learning. Hmmm

The set up is strange because they don't use the Compass Learning window like T4L. It opens in the background and must remain open to be logged in, but you do your lessons in another window that they set up in something like Moodle. The videos end up a bit stretched. You have grades in their window as well as in the Compass Learning window. It's not awful, but just isn't as organized as I'd like to see it.

That is odd. I don't know what the interface looks like, yet, for the Uplifting Education site. I won't enroll my son until next month. But, I will try to remember to pop back in here and leave an update.
    Denise in MS
    DD93, DS95, DS98, DD00

I was curious enough that I also contacted Compass Learning myself. I think the issue is semantics. Time4Learning is the only company licensed to sell the curriculum to homeschoolers. Actually, the compass learning lady was quite adamant that Time4Learning was the only company available to homeschoolers.

So, I called the Uplifting Education number and talked with the co-founder, Kathleen Sabo. She was surprised I was told that by Compass. As we talked we figured out that the difference must be set up. She is set up as a school. Uplifting Education offers transcripts, report cards, and high school diplomas. So, the lady at Compass Learning was technically answering correctly.

All that said, there are probably more organizations that provide Compass Learning materials to parents. But, they will be listed with Compass Learning as schools. When I asked the Compass Learning lady if she could give me a list of such schools/tutors/etc. she said there were to many.

I hope this information is appropriate for the Time4Learning forum. I don't think either elearningk12 or Uplifting Education is a direct competitor to Time4Learning. They cost more. So, if your child is young enough to use Time4Learning I don't know why you would use one of the others and pay more.
    Denise in MS
    DD93, DS95, DS98, DD00

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast