History and Science - 3rd Grade and Beyond
    savemoney is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default History and Science - 3rd Grade and Beyond

Hello and Happy Thursday,

My children and I have been using Time4Learning for over 2 years and now my oldest is in 3rd grade but I have noticed conversations about the Social Studies and Science being different in 3rd grade as compared to 2nd grade. He and I really enjoyed it in 2nd Grade, the way it was taught was excellent so my question is what is the 'difference' that we can expect as we move forward?

Thanks in Advance,

Homeschooling Mom of 2 in Texas
    Son ~ 3rd grade
    Daughter ~ Kindergarten

Yca
    Yca is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Re: History and Science - 3rd Grade and Beyond

hey there!

it becomes a little more "grown up". its not the "show" format that you're used to, but more of a tutorial where you can go thru and selecting answers and learning facts. you can write things down in a journal (a spiral notebook most of keep by the computer) and do fun little experiments and such.

hth
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: History and Science - 3rd Grade and Beyond

You can try out some of the third grade lessons by logging in as a parent and accessing the lesson plans. Choose a third grade science or social studies lesson activity and input its number into the Activity Finder. If you don't want your preview of this lesson to appear on your student's reports, just don't click the icon at the end of the lesson to indicate its completion.

The lessons are text based instead of animated. My kids still prefer them to a textbook because the reading selections are shorter and they can click on words to hear them defined or pronounced. Also, there are little activities along the way designed to help them understand, like questions with drop-down boxes they can click on to answer, online crossword puzzles, and so forth. The student is also expected to have a notebook to do some written assignments in. (We just use a spiral notebook for these.)

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!