homeschooling a 7th grader- a little long
    rknkay is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default homeschooling a 7th grader- a little long

Hi, I am Rhonda, the mother of 6 children. 5 are grown and I am homeschooling our youngest, a 13 year old girl. We have been hs since 3rd grade and we mostly love it. Recently the homeschool we are signed with had to go under the state of California umbrella and our freedom to homeschool like we want to is being limited. There are very specific requirements - lot of workbooks, chapter reviews, and pacing guides. I am not against these, but I don't think they should be the focus of our learning. I found this site this past week and signed up and so far my daughter loves it for the math!! Her language arts skills are a little more advanced than this site, but we are using it to supplement some of her other stuff. I also like the social studies lessons. My question is for other parents of 7th graders. Does this site meet their educational needs by itself or do you need to supplement with other materials? How much time per day do you think is necessary to spend in formal training? Thanks
    Rhonda
    Homeschool mom to Hannah

chemcindy is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi rknkay,

We've been T4Ling since November for our 7th grade son. He's 14. I really like this program and he seems to be doing ok. We backed up to 6th grade for math since he was a bit behind on that. Science is only offered as 6th grade....so we just signed up for CyberEd Plato for Earth, Life, and Physical Science. It's currently offered through www.homeschoolbuyers-coop.org. If you register there for free you can get in on the group buy before that closes on Feb 25th, all 3 are now about $100 for a year subscription. Between this and T4L I think we can get a complete middleschool curriculum. We're looking into options for high school.

Cindy