How do I assign activities?
    kathleengp is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default How do I assign activities?

For my K student, it flashes a circle to show assignments. The 2 4th graders don't have that - do they work through in any order?

There are some Social Studies items that correlate with other things we are doing now - I would like to flag those so that when the kids get on they can see to go right to those. Is there a way I can assign certain of the activities to be done first?

Also, when does Odyseey Writer get used and is there a tutorial on that?

Thanks!
    Kathleen

Linn is offline Member Regular

Kathleen,

I can answer part of your question, the part about assigning activities. T4L doesn't have an "assignment" tool per say. This is because it operates in self-running mode, which is NICE IMO, because the lessons are provided in sequence so your child can just sit down at the computer and start doing them.

However, there IS a way to "assign" lessons out of sequence.

First, take a look at the Lesson Plans (Scope & Sequence) that T4L provides. You can print these out, go through them and select which activities you want your child to work on.

You will notice a number next to each Learning Activity (LA). To launch a specific activity simply put the LA number of that activity into the Activity Finder on the Launch page:

Hope this helps and welcome to the forum!

Linn

kathleengp is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Thank you!

That's just the kind of inof I needed

It will take me some time to get literate with the system, but I'm sure we'll be smooth soon.

Thanks for the help!

Kathleen