How do I remove lessons that are too easy?
    suenj is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default How do I remove lessons that are too easy?

We have just started t4l. From what I have read it seems like I can customize the lessons to skip things my kids have already mastered, but I can't figure out how to do it. For example, in LA my son was placed in level 2 based on needing to work on comprehension, but his decoding is excellent. I would like him to skip most of the phonics and focus on the stories. How can I set this up so he will only see the lessons I want him to do?

Thanks,
    Sue

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Sue. Welcome to the board!

Unlike some programs that require completion of each activity before proceeding to the next, Time4Learning allows parents to skip lesson activities as desired. There is no way to remove the lessons from your student's launchpad, however.

Instead of using the flashing arrow to keep track of his place in the program (which only really works if you do not skip around), you might want to print the Lesson Plans and circle the lesson activity numbers that you want him to complete. Then have him manually enter the lesson activity numbers as explained here.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

suenj is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thanks Kelly. I'll try that.

Sue

JenniferJ is offline Member Regular

Oh boy, thanks for asking this question!!! My ds needs phonics, but can do the vocab, etc. on the 3rd grade level LA.

I have been having my kids do every lesson because it was just easier to have them follow the arrow to keep up w/ where they were.

Now I get it!! That is why you all use the lesson plans!!!

Now my one poor ds can stop doing those "awful' lessons w/ the "puff ball"!! If you are on LA 2, you may know what I am talking about! LOL A little too cute for this boy!

Jennifer
    Mother to 4, teacher to 5
    3 kids using T4L: DD7, DS11 and the neighbor's grandson age 12

T4L helps me homeschool while dealing w/ ADD, ADHD, SPD, dyslexia,dysgraphia, low comprehension,LD