How do you prevent "skipping over" chapters
    KimberlieA is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default How do you prevent "skipping over" chapters

Hi! My name is Kimberlie and I just started homeschooling my 10 year old son (5th grade) this year. We switched to Time4Learning about 3 weeks ago and so far I have loved it. But I was just printing off the weekly report and noticed that a couple of the activities were way too fast to be correct. He spent 13 seconds on one and 52 on another. I went back to the on of the activities and it was "Design and Experiment". Well I know he didn't design any experiment, but it was marked complete. He must have just clicked through the lesson and it was marked complete. I don't think he was necessarily trying to cheat, but I was gone that day and he probably just skipped through it and then discovered that it was now complete.

How do you make sure that everything completed correctly? And it seems like he is able to finish very quickly.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Kimberlie. The text-based lessons can be paged through quickly, without actually doing the work. The system doesn't require your student to stay on a page for a certain amount of time, as not everyone reads at the same speed.

I glance at the reports each day. Knowing that, my kids are likely to linger rather than speed through their lessons.

When I worked outside the home, they kept a notebook to note when they had questions or needed materials for an experiment. One son just copied and pasted the items he had questions about into an email for me!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!