How to get Grades
    SnowButterfly is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default How to get Grades

is there a way to find the cumulative grade points for my son? Or is the portfolio all there is?

Also, there are a lot of N/A's. Is that normal. He is doing lots of work, but when you look at the portfolio, all the N/A's kind of throw you off. Can you help me? Thanks!

SnowButterfly is offline Junior Member Newbie

I also need to know are they told to take the quizes and tests and my son only has grades for language arts, but none for science and social studies...I am confused.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

For language arts, the quizzes and tests are incorporated into the daily work.

For science, social studies, and math, the student needs to remember to take the quizzes and tests when he completes a chapter or unit.

You should be able to find all of his grades in the portfolio. When you access the portfolio, click on Reports. You will find a drop-down menu that allows you to customize your Report. You may sort the Report by subject, date, or type of activity.

N/A means the activity is not graded. This is because some activities are intended to TEACH . . . not to ASSESS. Imagine a teacher, in front of the classroom. She teaches a concept and then calls on a few students to answer some questions. That would NOT be graded.

Here is a thread that may be of help to you.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!