How long are the lessons?
    Tucker is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default How long are the lessons?

Hi
    We just started T4L, and I'm trying to work out our schedule to add this in. My son is at the 1st grade level, and he also has OCD and requires a pretty detailed schedule in order to not panic. Since this is very new to him, he had a very hard time today getting through the first lesson because he didn't know how long it would be. I couldn't figure out how to find out how long each lesson is, and I don't have time to preview each lesson prior to him working through it. Can someone help me with this?
    Thanks
    Tucker

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Tucker. Welcome to Time4Learning!

The first grade lessons are very brief . . . definitely less than ten minutes each. That's probably why the developer didn't include tracking to show where the student is in the lesson. It sounds like "very brief" isn't going to be specific enough to make your son comfortable but, unfortunately, there isn't anything tells the precise running time of each lesson.

Since most of the lessons are interaqctive, running time depends on how quickly the student responds. Some lessons, such as the Story Creator activity, are open-ended, meaning the student can play around with it as long as desired or necessary.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Tucker is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thank you! I think telling him they're less than 10 minutes will be sufficient. We did a math lesson yesterday, and he enjoyed it.