How many computers?
    Strouse House is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default How many computers?

I am just wondering in your household, how many children do you have using time4learning.com and how many computers do you have?

We have 1 using time4learning.com right now but will be adding a second in Feb.
    We only have 1 computer (laptop).

I am beginning to go nuts having only one computer, since I not only work from home using my computer but if something goes wrong with this one computer then we are shut down.

So I was curious,,,,

Thanks
    Brandy - Christian (86), Wife (93), and Mother (boy 99, girl 07,boy 08). Homeschooling since 2003. Come check out our adventures in life and Time4Learning.com at Five in Training For Him.

srbrts is offline Senior Member

i have 3 laptop computers plus one 6 years old desktop that im using mainly for schooling, it went blue screen on me last week, so i had to reformat it and now its running fast again.

Brandy you have to save all ur important files on a disk or dvd,,,just in case your pc crash.
    As long as you have the Operating system disk you will be fine.
    Plus you can go to the mac website and download all ur mac's software. (only if you will have to re install OS)
    Last edited by srbrts; 09-02-2010 at 10:19 AM.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Three of my kids will be using Time4Learning this year.

We made do with one computer for quite some time. A lot of people have shared that they use Time4Learning with multiple children and only have one computer.

Computers are my hobby, though . . . so, counting everyone's netbooks and laptops, we have twelve computers that currently work, plus a bunch of bricks (nonworking computers) stored away.

Sad, I know.

Take heart, Brandy. Even if you have multiple computers, you are still "shut down" when your Internet service provider hiccups . . . which ours seems to do more and more often lately.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Dee
    Dee is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I have 3 kids using T4L. We happen to have 4 computers in our house, 2 desktops and 2 laptops. At the moment one of the laptops doesn't work, (it needs to be reformatted). For some reason, only one of the desktop computers will run T4L properly. The other one will give us error messages and shut down T4L in the middle of lessons. It may be an Operating System conflict issue, not sure.

So I guess the short answer is, 2 computers with 3 kids, but hoping soon to have 3 computers, if I can get that other laptop reformatted! Oh and one thing I'm finding is that it is a great help to my Aspie child to be able to take a laptop into a quiet room to do his school! Otherwise, he gets frustrated with all the distractions around him.
    Mom of 3
    boy '98, girl '00, boy '01 (Aspie)

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Dee, my kids all like to take their netbooks into their rooms to work. (Before members express concern, I will share that I have an unbelievable amount of parental control installed on our home network. )

Several members have asked about running T4L on a netbook (which usually has fewer resources than other computers). It runs just fine on our cheap, little, under-$300 netbooks. We do have a nice, fast Internet connection.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

proud2Bgreen is offline Senior Member

We have 2 kids using T4L .We have a desktop and laptop,but we have only 1 internet at the moment (we use a wireless stick) I also do a bit of work from home too,So I know how you feel..
    I think just working your time helps make having 1 computer work for you...I try to get my kids on 1st thing in the morning ,Get thier computer time out of the way
    That leaves evenings free for me to get on...For instantes its 2am here (im a bit of a night owl )
    If you really need a 2nd computer ,christmas time usually has good sales or maybe checking craigslist or something like that..Also look into maybe your local computer repair shops ,they sometimes have refurbished ones cheap
    HTH
    Roadschooling Mom to DD & DS