how to preview without affecting student records
    3isles is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default how to preview without affecting student records

Hi
    I am new to homeschooling, I am no teacher, I chafe at schedules, and I have menopausal brain so sometimes I forget what I asked my ds to do...

my son is 12. would be in 6th grade in public school

We just signed up with T4L as a way to compensate for my shortcomings. I know I am supposed to be able to look at the lessons without having it reflect on my ds's portfolio, but I can't seem to do it. my understanding is that if you click the little circle button you can go back and whatever you tried out, looked at, etc should not show up in his portfolio. But when i did that yesterday it was in his portfolio.

I hope I am making this clear. I need to be able to preview stuff in order to make a plan of what he should be doing. When I let him just pick, he only half does stuff and is only spending a few minutes on the work. He is totally literal he will do exactly what I have said, but if there is any way of interpreting it to get away with doing less he will.

thanks for any help

Cathy

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: how to preview without affecting student records

The portfolio defaults to the "Recent Work" tab. All program access will show up there, including incomplete work and your previews.

Instead, click on the "Reports" tab. Only completed work appears in those reports, so your previews will not appear as long as you have not exited the lessons in a way that indicates they have been completed. This tab is where you want to view and print your son's reports.

Here is some information about marking lessons complete.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

3isles is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Re: how to preview without affecting student records

Thanks Kelly that is just what I needed to know