How to use Language Arts for the reading assignments
    theresaslauf is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default How to use Language Arts for the reading assignments

Hi, my name is Theresa and I'm wondering if the reading assignments, The Scarlet Pimpernel, and Hush-ILA and The Wreckers-ILA, are read while she is doing her assignments online or if we need to get the books and she reads them before any of the assignments are attempted. Please tell me how this works. Thank you.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Theresa. The language arts program uses book excerpts (a chapter or two from the book), and they are all right there online, within the lesson! These are some of my family's favorite lessons. The student reads a portion of the online book, does the activities, and proceeds from there. They are guided through the entire process.

There is no need to buy the books, but the excerpts sometimes pique a student's interest, and they WANT to read "the whole book". Because of this, Time4Learning has compiled lists of books and sources, which is available by clicking the tiny link indicating your student's grade at the very bottom of this page.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!