I am new to Time4Learning and to homeschooling
    moms3ringcircus33 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default I am new to Time4Learning and to homeschooling

I have just started homeschooling my 4th grader. I don't know if I am making him do enough or not. I plan on using t4l as my core cirriculum. I also have the spectrum workbooks. He is a auditory learner and has a learning disablility. He is loving the program. His favorite is science. We are currently living in Japan so I don't have state regulations to go buy. He still sees his special education teacher at the school four times a week. He is barely at grade level in reading and writing.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Welcome! Time4Learning is great for kids with special needs. I'm glad your son is enjoying the program. It's my kids' favorite, too.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

philnmindy is offline Junior Member Newbie

welcome, my son is also very audiotory. I have him read to me in Sci and History from time to time, just to make sure he is getting the info. I would go slow and see what works for your son! Have fun and good luck

jharrington is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Re: I am new to Time4Learning and to homeschooling

Quote Originally Posted by moms3ringcircus33
    I have just started homeschooling my 4th grader. I don't know if I am making him do enough or not. I plan on using t4l as my core cirriculum. I also have the spectrum workbooks. He is a auditory learner and has a learning disablility. He is loving the program. His favorite is science. We are currently living in Japan so I don't have state regulations to go buy. He still sees his special education teacher at the school four times a week. He is barely at grade level in reading and writing.
    We, too, started using T4L because of struggles in reading. My daughter loves it and is slowly improving. She isn't going to be homeschooling full time until September because she is in Japanese school.

I am homeschooling our 5th grade son, but we aren't using T4L full time. I think it would take a couple hours a day if it was your core curriculum.

Where are you in Japan? We are in Kamakura-near Yokohama.

Juli

moms3ringcircus33 is offline Junior Member Newbie

We are in Sagamihara.

MarilynM is offline Junior Member Newbie

I live in Japan for two years (1977-79). I was near Yokosuka. I loved it and would be thrilled to return.

jharrington is offline Junior Member Newbie

We're in Kamakura, that's not to far from you if the traffic is good!

Juli