Ideas for organizing worksheets?
    coeja73 is offline Junior Member

Default Ideas for organizing worksheets?

So I am new to T4L and am just digging into printing out the worksheets that coordinate with my boys' lessons. Do you all have a snappy way of keeping the worksheets organized?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I don't like punching holes, so I use a hanging file folder box for my younger kids. I have five hanging folders . . . one for each day of the week. Within each hanging folder, I have eight "regular" file folders . . . one for math, one for language arts, one for language arts extensions, one for science, one for social studies, and three for other things we are doing besides T4L. They are color coded according to subject, so it's easy for my kids to grab the right folder for the subject they are working on. I labeled the regular file folders Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc., too. So . . . Monday's hanging folder contains a stack of colored regular folders that are all labeled Monday, too. When they are ready to do math on Monday, they grab the green (Math) folder labeled Monday from Monday's hanging folder. When they are ready to do science on Monday, they grab the yellow (science) folder labeled Monday from Monday's hanging file folder.

When I stuff the folders with the week's work, it's easy for me to drop the printed worksheets into the folders without even needing to take them out. I used to use notebooks, but all the hole-punching made me a little crazy.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

home_school_mom is offline Junior Member

I try to minimize my paperwork now that I have switched to an online school learning. so for her weekly report I print out the lessons per week and we check them off. then if I remember I log in at the end of the day, if not I can always check the next day. but when I log in I go through and put the grades in and make my necessary notes. I have a binder with dividers and pockets and I have reduced all her paperwork to this one binder..for now till it is fill then i will box it and start the binder again if I need to.

missmommudd is offline Junior Member

I love this idea!!!! So organized and easy to follow.

missmommudd is offline Junior Member

This is what I did last time we homeschooled. Each of my boys were so proud as they look at their completed day accomplishments and as their personal folders grew. So glad I read this!!!!!

pepperqueen77 is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Ideas for organizing worksheets?

how do i know when my daughter is supposed to use a worksheet? she is in 8th grade and she struggles with math... so i want to print out the worksheets so that she can have more practice... but i dont know what worksheet goes where... please help.. thank you in advance for any info or help you can send my way!
    Amie's mom