Intro from Illinois
    emcare is offline Junior Member Newbie

Smile Intro from Illinois

Hello, all. I am Emily from Central Illinois. This is my first year homeschooling. D, my 10 year old is public schooled and in 5th grade. A, my 5 year old is in homeschool kindy and J, my 2 year old is just trying to keep up with the big kids.

We are really excited about t4l. A really likes computer based learning and she seems to be digging t4l. I love that I don't have to lesson plan and have time to plan fun things to do off the computer.

I'm excited to see that we have a forum to bounce ideas off of each other. Can't wait to get to know some of you.
    ~Emcare: mama to D, A, and J.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Emcare! Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for taking time to introduce yourself. Be sure to share some of those "fun things to do off the computer" with us!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

emcare is offline Junior Member Newbie

Oh, we do a lot of activities. We have a fairly active homeschool community here, so we do homeschool swimming lessons, science class, music class, and, beginning next month, gym class. A learns super fast using songs, so I spend some time finding those for her to work on some of the rote memorization type stuff--vowels, address, phone number, math facts, etc. We also supplement her reading with Teach Your Child to Read...

We really like t4l so far. It fits in to our schedule really well and I love the ability to print out her score report every week so that we can both see how she is doing.
    ~Emcare: mama to D, A, and J.