Intro (and a question of course)
    Miss_Genesis is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Intro (and a question of course)

Hello everyone. My name is Genesis and this is my first year homeschooling my three children ages 11, 9, and 6. Right now, only my 6yr old dd is using T4L and we *just* started.

I have it set up so that it's 20 minutes of lessons then 10 minutes of playground. Is the playground automatically supposed to come on after 20 minutes of lessons? I had to click on "playground". For some reason, I thought it was supposed to automatically come on.

Well, anywho, there's my intro and my very first question. I'm trying to familiarize myself w/ the whole setup before I inundate ya'll w/ hundreds of questions, LOL!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Genesis. Welcome!

Until the timer counts down to zero, the student will be unable to access the Playground if he/she clicks on it. To avoid interrupting the student in the middle of an activity, the Playground does NOT come on automatically as soon as the timer reaches zero. The student must click on the Playground icon. Most students get pretty good at noticing when their timer has reached zero.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Miss_Genesis is offline Junior Member Newbie

My daughter didn't even notice. I kept checking it out, wondering if it would cut her off. I'm actually glad it doesn't as that would be distracting and frustrating. I noticed that the playground does automatically cut off....I like that!
    Thanks!