Just signed up!

Thread: Just signed up!

Kess is offline Member

Default Just signed up!

Hello everyone,

I just signed up and am waiting for the account to be activated. I've been reading this forum for a while now and finally decided to take my daughter out of PS this year (She's just starting 7th Grade) and give homeschooling a try. We are both a little nervous, but excited to start.

Kess

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Just signed up!

Hi, Kess! Glad to have you with us! Be sure to stick around and share how Time4Learning is working out for you. Also, feel free to ask any questions you might have. It does take a couple of weeks to get used to any new program.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

mom2five is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi Kess!

I read the forum for a little while before signing up as well.

We just started this week. Three of my boys are using T4L. A 7th grader, 3rd grader and 2nd grader. We have always done public school, so this is a new adventure for us.

My other two kids are in High School and doing Correspondence studies with American School. If T4L had a high school program, we would be using it.

So far, we are LOVING T4L! It's keeping us organized and getting us going in this new world of educating at home. Good luck as you begin. I'm still figuring everything out, but feel very encouraged. Welcome!

SahmIam is offline Senior Member

Welcome, Kess! It's okay to be nervous and more importantly, it's okay to have fun! Welcome to T4L.
    Melissa.

LiveandLearn is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi Kess,

Welcome! We are starting our first t4l year and this is our fifth homeschool year. I have a 7th grade daughter using the language. She really likes it! We did dry language workbooks for 4 years and needed a change. Are you planning on using the full t4l curriculim? I'd love to know how it's going for you!

Have a great week!
    ~Kristi

Yca
    Yca is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

welcome to our insanity kess! sit back and make yourself at home!

(kelly, isn't that like 10 so far in the past week? we're just bustin out all over!!)
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!

Cally is offline Member

Welcome Kess!
    This is our first year homeschooling also.
    Glad you are here!!!
    Cally

Kess is offline Member

Thank you all for the warm welcome! This board is certainly going to make this journey easier, there is so much helpful info from all of you. I'm planning on using T4L as a full curriculum. We started today and so far it went great. My daughter really really liked it.

Kess

mom2five is offline Junior Member Newbie

Kess, we are using it as a full curriculum as well...with Spelling through http://www.spellingcity.com, and of course reading and writing through books and journaling.

april_christina2002 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi! I am a newbie! My name is April and my son Alex is in the 7th grade. He just started this program today. So far I like it! He took another online class last year. It was a great school but to many pain in rump assignments ! It is suppose to be alot better for high schoolers.
    I have alot of questions. I probably will email again tomorrow with more! LOL
    I have to give some copies, grades and attendence every 9 weeks to his cover school. So far it looks like I can print grades out. I have a attendence sheet they gave me to fill out. But can I print test and assignments? Do they have any actuall assignments?
    Can I go in and print what the assignment and test are before he sees them?
    Is there somewhere to go just to see what things he would need for the following lessons? He started in science and the one thing he picked he had to do a experiment. UHG!
    Also, if he has already done a chapter or lesson in school, does he have to do it on here again? I thought I would let him move on to something else if possible.
    Alex has ADHD and LD in math. Any advice I would love to hear!
    Thanks!!
    April