Just started with T4L but getting a bit confused?!
" "
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By hearthstone_academy
  • 1 Post By Gissy

Thread: Just started with T4L but getting a bit confused?!

Default Just started with T4L but getting a bit confused?!

Hi

I just started out with T4L for my 3 kiddos. Long story short, I had planned another curriculum for them(eclectic curriculum) but could not get the money to buy it. So, I decided to use T4L as there homeschool curriculum while I figure out how to buy the other curriculum which included T4L as a supplement.

Now, I just started and I'm getting a bit confused with the planner. I got sick their first day so after I made their planner now I don't know how to move some classes from this week to the next one.

Another question I have is, If the student takes some quizzes or test and his score is under the grade level or over the grade level, should I repeat the lesson and retake test/quiz? And for the one that is scoring above grade level should I change his grade level to a higher one? Is this done automatically by T4L?

I will appreciate any help or suggestions you can give me.

Thank you and blessings,

Administrator hearthstone_academy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Just started with T4L but getting a bit confused?!

Quote Originally Posted by Gissy View Post
    Hi

I got sick their first day so after I made their planner now I don't know how to move some classes from this week to the next one.
    In this situation, you can edit the planner by adding in a weekly break at the very beginning.

Another question I have is, If the student takes some quizzes or test and his score is under the grade level or over the grade level, should I repeat the lesson and retake test/quiz?
    As your child's teacher, you decide the answer to that question. If they score less than about eighty percent, I look at what they missed and decide if it's a bunch of random dates that were supposed to have been memorized OR something I feel they will need to know. I don't require re-dos on stuff I figure they'll forget as soon as the test is over, because my personal philosophy includes not wasting time "learning" things that will be forgotten in a matter of days. If it is something I feel they need to know, I will have them re-do it and even look around online for YouTube videos or online games to help them understand.

And for the one that is scoring above grade level should I change his grade level to a higher one? Is this done automatically by T4L?
    You will want to decide whether they are doing so well because they already know the material or because they are a "fast learner". If they already know the material, you might want to bump them up a level. If they simply learn easily, keep them at their present level so they have a chance to learn that material. One way to decide is to give them several tests at their current level BEFORE they do the associated lesson activities. If they do well on the test without doing the lessons first, then you'll know they already know that material.
    Gissy likes this.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Default Re: Just started with T4L but getting a bit confused?!

Thanks for your help Kelly.

Have a blessed day!