Know what they are learning before they learn it
    Elizabeth_N is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Know what they are learning before they learn it

Does anyone know how to know exactly what they are learning in math before they actually learn it or.....if there is any worksheets or books that accompany what he is learning in Math here? He is so frustrated with the computer and how many times can we go over the same lesson over and over again. We had a issue with one of the sections not taking an answer in the 3rd grade section. Also are the button on the top 1/2/3 mean grade level or do they mean challenging level? HELp!!!!!

Skool Time is offline Senior Member

I have a third grader now, and if we r stuck in one 'section' or one lesson, we stop from there, we practice on the blackboard, we research online until we get it, then we go back to that specific lesson.
    And it works for us.

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Elizabeth,

If a lesson has a worksheet, it will say "Resource" just below it. Click and print. Is is possible that your son is working at a level that is too hard for him in math? If that's the case, drop down one grade level. You are allowed to work one grade level above and one grade level below in each subject. Just click on the grade level you need for each subject. If your son had or is having a problem with a lesson, please submit a post on the "Technical Issues" forum so it can be addressed and corrected. My DD is in the Upper Level program, so I am not sure what you mean with the 1/2/3.

Here are two links to help you use the Time4Learning System:

Hints and Help

Getting Started with Time4Learning

I would also suggest you post on "Members Chat on Using Time4Learning" since this forum is really geared to supplementing T4L. You would get more action over there.
    Last edited by jpenn; 09-23-2011 at 04:36 PM.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

Mandy in TN is offline Senior Member

I think that the levels you are refering to are indeed grade level.
    Mandy
    ds Doodlebug 11yo
    currently homeschooling with an eclectic mess of stuff

homeschool graduates:
    ds Cashew 20yo
    ds Peanut 22yo

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Elizabeth, you can preview the lessons before your child does them. Just don't mark them as complete, so they don't show up on his reports.

Especially at the lower levels, students usually need a tutor for math. I sit with my younger kids when they do their math lessons. (It's amazing how much I've learned that way!) That way, I can also reinforce what they're learning during our every-day life. For example, if I know they are learning fractions, I might serve pizza for dinner! If they are counting by twos, I'll have them count silverware. You get the idea.

The grade level buttons are useful for trying out lessons at other levels.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Elizabeth_N is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thanks guys. He took his first big test and got an 86. I think I was over actualizing.

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Yeah! 86 is super.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie