LA Extensions

Thread: LA Extensions

momof5boys is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default LA Extensions

I am having the boys do one LA Extensions every day. My question is this: They sometimes come to a lesson which tells them a book they have to read before proceeding. Those that come to mind are in the 3rd grade LA Extensions it asks them to read Stuart Little and in the 5th grade it asks them to read Across 5 April's I believe it was called. The problem is we didn't know we needed those books until it came time to do the lesson. Is there any way to see which books they will need to read for the lessons ahead of time so I can get them from the library and have them read them before they get to those lessons? Thanks!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

There are very few lesson activities that require a certain book that isn't provided within the curriculum itself. New lesson plans are in progress which will include information on necessary books or supplies for each lesson.

Until then, many parents preview their student's lessons a few days in advance, avoiding completing the lesson so the preview won't show up on the student's report. Click herefor information about avoiding completing the lessons.

When my own children are in need of a specific book or science supplies, I have them print the part of the lesson that tells what they need. Then, I am able to get it within the next day or two. To easily print just selected text, highlight the text, hit Control+P, select "Print Selection", and then hit "Print".

I hope one of the above will work for you until this information is available in the lesson plans.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

momof5boys is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thanks, I think I will just look ahead a little to see if any books or supplies are going to be needed. So, if I just look at the first page of a lesson but do not complete it then it won't show up on thier report? Thanks for your help!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

In the language arts extension lessons that you are referring to, you can look at ALL the pages in the lesson. Just don't click on the "hand" icon on the final page. Your preview will show up THE SAME DAY on the "Recent Work" tab, but will not show up on any of his reports under the "Reports" tab (because only completed work shows up there).

If you are going to do a lot of previewing, do familiarize yourself with how each type of lesson activity gets marked "Complete", to avoid accidentally completing one yourself. (Voice of Experience here . . . )

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!