Language Arts -3rd grade
    h5rus is offline Junior Member

Default Language Arts -3rd grade

I posted this elsewhere but have had no replies so I am hoping someone here can help me...

My daughter just completed Vocabulary Skills (under which there are the following topics: Synonyms, Antonyms, Prefixes, etc.) It is marked "Completed", however there is no test (that I could find!) so that she could MASTER it. Can somehow guide me on how I can get those topics marked Mastered? I would love for her to take a test on all that she has learned under Vocabulary Skills. Do I need to create my own test for her to take?

Thanks in advance for the help!

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I will make sure someone responds to your question with the answers you need.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi!

The core language arts program is laid out differently than most of the program. The tests aren't separate icons at the bottom of your child's screen. These tests are presented as animated lesson activities. The lesson plans refer to them as "quizzes", but your daughter might remember being "told" (by the program) that she's going to take a "test". Performing well on the quizzes indicates mastery of the preceding material.

The "Mastered" and "Completed" designations on the icons are intended as motivators for the student, instead of as information for the parent. Parents should rely on the student's reports to determine progress. The reports indicate whether material was mastered or not.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!