Language Arts state simulation tests!?
    Kristin is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Language Arts state simulation tests!?

My son is ready to take the simulation test for language arts. I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of how long each section takes.? He is in 8th grade. Thank you!

Kristin.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

These activities are about the same length as the rest of the language arts activities. I haven't found it necessary to set aside extra time for them, or to treat them any differently than I do the rest of the language arts program. They don't really simulate a state test, but they simulate the kind of questions that might be asked on a test, which is very helpful in deciding whether a student is prepared. The state simulation activities are in the same silly, enjoyable format as the rest of the program. I have found it helpful to give my kids some experience answering some questions that "look" more like a state test, where they work with a pencil, on paper, filling in little circles for the correct answers. Practice sheets like these are available online. Good luck!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!