Lesson length

Thread: Lesson length

menicksmom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Lesson length

Is there any way to find out how long a lesson (video and/or reading) is going to take? My son is always reluctant to start a new lesson because he's afraid it's going to be a "really long one".

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

What grade level are you looking at? None of the animated K-8 lessons have a running time longer than 15 minutes (except the new MS science courses). The length of the text-based lessons depends on how quickly your student reads and responds, but the number of pages can be seen in the upper, right-hand corner. Some of the lessons include a bar at the bottom that advances as you complete the lesson, so you can see how much more there is to do.

Lessons are provided in many different formats, so it's difficult to generalize. There is nothing that says precisely how long each lesson will take, because most of that depends on the student.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

menicksmom is offline Junior Member Newbie

My son is in 11th grade. I'll check it out a little more next time he clicks on a lesson. Thanks.

Blog Entries

Most of the high school lessons run 30 minutes. They can be paused if he needs to do something in the middle of the lesson. Some of the authentic tasks are just a website to visit or something to think about, so the length of those lessons will depend on your student.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

charles wade is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi, I am new parent for time 4learning, and my question is, how long is the lesson before she starts her next subject on scheduale list? thanks

SherlockianMom is offline Junior Member

From what I've seen, it depends on how many of the activities a child is doing in a particular subject, how quickly they are completed, etc. The software seems to allow your child to spend as much time as needed in a particular subject/group of lessons before they move to the next subject on the activity list. There doesn't seem to be a "time's up--move to the next subject now" aspect to the software. I'm still a newbie myself, though, so perhaps someone else will confirm this for us.

Blog Entries

Hi. When homeschooling, there is no need to impose a designated time for each subject. Many of the things that are done in a traditional school situation are in place for "crowd control" and are not necessary (or even desirable) in a home setting. Your student may work the amount of time that is necessary for him or her to learn the material. Time4Learning does not impose restrictions or mandate logging in at certain times.