Lesson plans? HELP!
    Ozzette is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Lesson plans? HELP!

Pk, I keep seeing the ASSIGNMENTS option, but I can't seem to find this anywhere on the parent administration page. When I log in under my sons account and as a parent, and click the assigments tab, there's nothing there. This may be a dumb question from a new and very frazzled home schooling mom, but can someone help me?????

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi Ozzette! When you log in as a parent, there is a section at the top labeled "Status of Children." To the far right, next to your child's name, you should see a link that says "student records." Clicking there will take you to the records area. It should look very similar to what you would see if you logged in under your child's login and clicked on the "my portfolio" area.

The assignments tab is usually just a view of what they are currently working on. To be honest, since I always log in when they are finished with everything, I don't really recall ever seeing anything listed there.

When you go to the Assignments tab, are you trying to see what your son has done, his score, etc?

If so, try clicking on the "reports" tab instead. You can generate reports by subject if you like. You can also print a time frame (I usually just print a weekly report) of all subjects and scores...

Hope this helps.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Dee
    Dee is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Ozzette,
    I was confused on this when I first started too. The Assignments area is not set up for us homeschoolers to use. (sad face) We are hoping that T4L will change that in the future. We have to make our lesson plans separately from what is provided here on T4L. For instance, I've started making lesson plans for my kids using Excel. I hope this helps.
    Mom of 3
    boy '98, girl '00, boy '01 (Aspie)

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Time4Learning uses curriculum developed by CompassLearning, who only provides it to schools. Time4Learning has acquired a license that allows them to offer it to individuals. Because the Assignments feature was designed to be used by a classroom, it wouldn't work for individuals, so it is disabled for Time4Learning members. Time4Learning provides a flashing arrow to point the way, as well as an interactive worksheet for scheduling purposes within the Getting Started Guide, which you can find by clicking on the Hints and Help tab at the top of this page.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!