Lesson and Quiz Errors
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Joseph is offline Junior Member

Question Lesson and Quiz Errors

I wonder if others are experiencing errors in the lessons and quizzes? I find quite a few problems in 5th grade Math especially. When I try to address these concerns with T4L, they only take the data and transmit it to the developer. I never seem to get feedback or closure on my concerns. Recently I found 6 out of 10 errors on one of the tests. It seems to be very hard to use these tools for instruction when I constantly seem to need to address the problems with my grandson. Please inform me of any problems you are having so we can compare notes.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi! If you encounter an error, be sure to note the lesson activity number, the question, and what you feel should be the right answer. Most of the time, these are a matter of we parents having forgotten exactly how to do the problem, or of misunderstanding the instructions. We can't determine whether it's an error or a misunderstanding without all of the details.

Once in a while, we find errors in the program. They are reported to the program's developer, who fixes them during their next update. As a homeschooling parent, I find this preferable to a textbook that contains errors. My kids and I get a kick out of locating boo-boos in our textbooks. The trouble with a textbook is that, once you've purchased it, you're stuck with the error! At least software can be updated.

I moved your question here from the "Resources" forum, as that forum is for posting educational resources, not for asking/answering questions.

Please post any lesson specifics as a response on this thread, and I'll be happy to take a look at them for you.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for your response. I have quite a few. Are you sure you want all the data? I think it is overwhelming, but will provide it to you if you think that is the best approach. I asked Sue to give me a contact for the developer, but it came back with just one way communication. I send them what I think is wrong and never hear about the results.

Joe

Blog Entries

Why don't you choose just a couple of items to begin with. I'll look them over and ask for more if I need it.

When there is a legitimate error, we get many reports about it. It wouldn't be practical for us to keep track of everyone who reported it and get back to them when it's fixed. We don't necessarily know that ourselves.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Hi Kelly,

Work sheet 56301 for Transformations was a recent one that I think has many errors. Either the lesson plan's procedure or the worksheet is to blame. I would select the worksheet as the cause for the errors.

F is given as 3 (I think it should be 1) Even this given example is incorrect (in my opinion).
    G is given as 2 (I think it should be 5)
    H is given as 1 (I think it should be 3)
    I is given as 5 (I think it should be 2)
    J is given as 4 (I think it should be 4)
    K is given as 4 (I agree)
    L is given as 2 (L is not complete on the sheet so no answer is possible)
    M is given as 1 (I don't think there is a solution that fits this on the sheet)
    N is given as 3 (I think it should be 2)

I think this would be plenty for a start. Please let me know what you think and thank you for your interest in this.

Regards,

Joe

Hi Kelly,

I sent you something on the 12th and have yet to hear from you. I'm just checking to see that you got it!

Thanks,

Joe

Blog Entries

No, I have not received anything from you. Is it email? I will look at what you posted above, and check my email.

littletfarms is offline Member

Hello, my son has been taking a 6th grade math quiz for "Venn and Now." He has been presented two questions on the quiz that have no question. Graphical information is presented, but there is nothing stating the question.
    Denise in MS
    Homeschooling 4 blessings for 14 years.
    DD93, DS95, DS98, DD00

Kelly,

Maybe I'm not clear on how to correctly respond. When I respond to a string that I started, don't you get the link if is responding to your entry?

Joe

Hi Denise,

I'm responding to your string, but also sent you email. I'm trying to figure out the way this forum works. If you got my email you can read what I said. Mostly that I'm just a fellow parent that has a string in this group and don't know how to respond to individuals except to post another string in this group (thus the email). Send the exam number and question number and I can look into this for you. It sounds like an error.

Regards,

Joe

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast