Lesson Timer for 1st grade
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BielHomeschoolMom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Lesson Timer for 1st grade

I started using T4L today and I noticed that the timer for Lesson time is starting out at 49 minutes even though I set it for 59 minutes. Can anyone help me with this? I went into the parent button while he was signed on and changed it and it didn't change it. And then I logged in as the parent after his session was done and changed it in the parent area. I then logged back into his area and it started the timer at 49 minutes instead of 59.

Thanks,

Jenny

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Did you indicate that the change was permanent?

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Yes I did tell it that it was permanent.

Blog Entries

I am unable to duplicate the problem you are having. When I change the timer, it "sticks". I'll do some more checking for you.

If anyone else is having this problem, please post here.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

thanks so much for checking. I tried it several times and it still won't change to what I want it to be.

I haved tried everything I can think of the change the timer. It starts out at 43 minutes no matter what I change it to. I also tried to change the lesson time to 0 minutes so that ds could just play on the playground and it told me that I have to complete todays lesson to play on the play ground. I hope someone can help me with this because he is a clock watcher and I want him to work for a full hour before he plays. Thanks so much.

Jenny Biel

MarilynM is offline Junior Member Newbie

Jenny, are you clicking on the update button after making your choice? It's working for me and I use FireFox. I really thought that it could have been a FireFox issue. What browser are you using?

I am using Firefox and I did click update time settings. I don;t know why it is not sticking. I have tried it logged in as both the child and the parent and I click update each time and make permanent. the status bar at the bottom of the browser moves like it got the change but it doesn't change the timer.

thanks,

Jenny

Blog Entries

There are multiple issues with the playground/timer when used with Firefox or Safari. These issues vary depending on the child's grade level. Some have been dealt with already and others are currently being addressed.

Time4Learning recommends using Internet Explorer. A free download is available here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie6 ... fault.mspx

Of course, that does not help MAC users. Time4Learning is actively working on these issues.

thank you for checking into this for me. I will just have to deal with it for now. Hopefully I can encourage my son to not be such a clock watcher. I figure if he enjoys the lessons he won't be so eager to watch the clock.

thanks again,
    Jenny

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast